An injury or health condition can force people out of their previous employment and into the Social Security disability benefits system. If their conditions improve, they’re put in another impossible situation: if they go back to work, they risk losing their stable income and health insurance. Fortunately, there is a way to transition back into fulfilling employment that doesn’t require you to give up your benefits.
For over 10 years, our team has been helping individuals return to work while receiving SSI and SSDI benefits. Disability Services of America is a leading Employment Network contracted through the Social Security Administration. If you would like to maximize your benefits and secure employment through the Ticket to Work program, please call (888) 689-6760 to get started.
Our Ticket to Work Services
When we receive your ticket, we will guide you through a vocational program lasting several years with the ultimate goal of getting you a financially and personally fulfilling job. This may include educational courses, job training, or working your way into full-time employment. We submit regular progress reports to keep your benefits instated during this time.
We provide all services free of charge, including:
- Career Counseling
- Benefits Counseling with our Community Partner Work Incentive Coordinators (CPWIC)
- Developing Realistic and Personalized Employment Goals
- Completing Your Individualized Work Plan (IWP)
- Resumé Development and Practice Interviews
- Navigating Your EEOC and ADA Rights
- Labor Market Research
- Job Placement and Development
- Ongoing Employment Support
Benefits of the Ticket to Work Program
Ticket to Work is a free employment program that helps people with disabilities progress toward financial independence. The Social Security Administration (SSA) has partnered with our company for the last 10 years to help beneficiaries across the United States secure employment and improve the lives of individuals with disabilities.
The Ticket to Work program is a good fit for people who:
- Want to work full time without risk of losing their benefits. If something’s holding you back from taking on more work, we follow up to give you the support and confidence you need to obtain and maintain employment.
- Need help submitting timely and accurate disability paperwork. Our team can assist you in completing and submitting SSA forms throughout your return to work.
- Haven’t worked in some time. We help you work to identify jobs matching your capabilities, perform mock job interviews, and connect you with local resources to maximize your abilities in your chosen work environment.
- Are worried about losing Medicare or Medicaid benefits. Enrollment in a TTW program preserves Medicare eligibility during and after your trial work period. You may also be able to keep Medicaid benefits depending on your income. You could also be eligible to receive $20.00 per month for Impairment Related Work Expenses.
- Are concerned that SSA will no longer consider you impaired. You receive protection from Continuing Disability Review (CDR) by having your Ticket to Work assigned with our Employment Network.
Eligibility for the Ticket to Work Program
The Ticket to Work program is available to Social Security disability beneficiaries age 18 through 64 who:
- Want to work and need some support from a return to work expert
- Receive SSDI payments (or both SSDI and SSI payments)
- Are not currently appealing a medical cessation decision
- Are not an adult receiving SSI benefits under childhood disability standards
- Have not been granted expedited reinstatement of temporary benefits
- Are not currently receiving advance payments for presumptive blindness or disability
Let Us Guide You Every Step of the Way
Our team members are certified by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) and/or Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU). As an SSA-approved employment network, all our services under the Ticket to Work program are free and completely voluntary. Please complete our online contact form or call (888) 689-6760 to learn more!